Call now


Toll Free


Animal Attacks

Animals are our companions and friends. We have a special relationship with them and a bond that runs deeply between our species. However, sometimes animals will do the unexpected and attack a human. If you suffer injuries from getting bitten by a dog or cat, kicked by a horse, even scratched by an animal at a carnival or zoo, you may have grounds to get compensated for your injuries.

If you ask most people, they almost dismiss the idea that you can be compensated for something like a dog bite. However, if an animal injures you, why should you be stuck with the pile of medical bills?

What Damages Can I Get Due To An Animal Attack

Each locality has their own laws about animal attacks. In order to find out the answer to “can I make my neighbor pay for his dog biting me,” you need to consult with a lawyer that has your back.
Damages that you may not realize you may have coming include:

  • Lost wages due to missing work
  • Emotional distress and psychological impact from the attack
  • Any costs related to doctor’s office visits or treatment
  • Pain and suffering
  • Repair or replacement of lost property like torn clothing or damaged fencing

What To Do If You Are Attacked

Time is not on your side. You need to act quickly to ensure your health and your rights!

  • Seek Medical Attention – Animals can carry many diseases you may not even know existed. If you have been injured by an animal, you need to get a medical opinion as soon as possible.
  • File A Police Report – If you’ve been attacked by a dog or injured by an animal carelessly let loose, call 911. You will need to file a police report. You will be able to find out from the police officer if you need to file a report with your just your local police or also your local animal control agency. This serves as a legal record of your side of the attack and will help you if you are forced by the negligent owner to pursue legal action. Also, it helps identify dangerous animals so nobody else has to suffer like you did.
  • Contact A Lawyer – If you’ve been forced to seek medical attention because you have been injured thanks to the neglect and indifference of an animal owner, you need a lawyer. Your lawyer will help ensure your rights are taken care of and you get the compensation you deserve.

The Law Firm of Cesar Ornelas can help you defend your rights and to make sure nobody else has to suffer at the hands of a negligent animal owner. You aren’t just helping yourself, you’re helping your community stop these injuries. Call today!

* Liles White PLLC is Of Counsel to Cesar Ornelas Law in New Mexico. Attorney Cesar Ornelas is not licensed in New Mexico.