Traumatic Brain Injury, or TBI is not a new thing. TBI has been around as long as humans have. However, it’s only recently with high profile cases of athletes and veterans suffering from TBI that the general public started to gain awareness.
If you have suffered a TBI, the Law Firm of Cesar Ornelas will fight to make sure that you get compensated for your injury. Brain injuries are not something that goes away, you are going to have to fight it for the rest of your life. You need to tell yourself that you aren’t alone and that you deserve to get the help you need.
Who Gets TBI Brain Injuries
TBI’s are an insidious injury. You may go your whole life and not realize you have a TBI. Sometimes you only find out because you start to experience cognitive decline and have a lot of problems someone your age shouldn’t have. We are learning now that even children can suffer from TBIs thanks to sports or rough play.
Causes of TBI Brain Injuries
- Explosions – Proximity can cause unseen injury
- Sports – Not just sports with helmets and pads
- Motorcycle Accidents – Even with helmets, TBI is a real threat
- Car Accidents – The leading cause in America of TBI
- Playgrounds – Rough play as well as falling from unsafe equipment
- Falls – Primary cause of TBI among little children as well as senior citizens
- Assault and Battery – Blunt force trauma to the head can occur with everything from being pushed to the ground to being hit over the head
Brain injuries can come from many places but the signs are not as obvious as other injuries. These can include:
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Loss of Vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe Headaches
- Slurred Speech
- Weakness in Extremities
Compensation and Justice
TBIs don’t just get a band-aid and some aspirin and it’s all good. If you have suffered a TBI you could very likely require a lifetime of medical care and rehabilitation. So, even if you feel ok now, you need to seek legal as well as medical help. You may not have thought about it, but you could face a lifetime of expenses. So what are some of the expenses you could face?
- Medical Expenses – Even with minor TBI, you can face a gauntlet of doctors before you find out how serious your injury it. It may take years of doctors to make a determination.
- Lost Income – Depending on how severe your TBI is, you may face a loss of income. You may not miss work now, but what about in the future when you have to go to rehab or are to ill to get out of bed?
- Rehabilitation – If your TBI requires you to go through rehab, you may need to retrain your body how to work or at the very least you may learn new ways to coping with the TBI.
- Care – Sometimes TBIs are so severe, a victim requires in home care. This can include everything from nurses and therapists to help around the house. This also may not just be temporary, but for life.
- Pain and Suffering – Someone hurt you, and they hurt you badly. Some nights, you are so worried you can’t sleep. Your quality of life is being hurt thanks to someone else’s negligence. For you and your family both, you need to make sure that you have your peace of mind back.
If these expenses shock you and you want justice for your injuries, you need to contact a lawyer now! The Law Firm of Luis Ornelas is here to get you the justice you deserve.