If you’ve been injured in a car wreck, slipped and fallen in a store, suffered injuries on the job site, you’re probably feeling hurt and worried. After you or a loved one has been injured, that’s very normal – but what you may not realize is that if you weren’t at fault for any of these accidents, then you’re entitled to compensation from the other party’s insurance company and this is why you need a personal injury lawyer.
Your compensation can include but isn’t limited to, paying your medical bills, including the ambulance or hospital after you were hurt. If your vehicle or personal property was damaged, you may be entitled to repairs or replacement.
If you have experienced any of these situations, then you need a personal injury attorney!
Our team at Cesar Ornelas Law have the necessary skills and expertise to fight for your fair compensation. We handle all cases including:
- Car Accidents: Car wrecks can result in severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), dismemberment, burn injuries, lacerations or severe scarring, bone fractures or dislocations, neck and spine injuries, and more. Hiring an injury lawyer increases your chances of filing a successful claim and receiving fair compensation.
- Truck Accidents: Unlike car accidents, truck and commercial vehicle accidents can be more complex, as large trucks can cause catastrophic damages. If you are involved in a truck accident with an 18-wheeler, cement truck or other commercial vehicles, you need an attorney who has worked similar cases to be on your side.
- Motorcycle, Bicycle, Scooter and Similar Motorized Vehicle Accidents: Motorcycles and bikes lack the protection that a car or truck provides, so any collision is likely to result in more serious injuries or death. Similarly, bicyclists also face a higher risk of injury than occupants of motor vehicles. For example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that in 2015, over 1,000 bicycle riders died and almost 500,000 experienced bicycle-related injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries can be quite complicated, as it can be difficult to determine who is responsible. In Texas, there are two types of workplace injury claims: workers’ compensation (WC) and WC non-subscribers. Our team at Cesar Ornelas Law can help determine if your employer carries workers compensation insurance, or if they are a “non-subscriber”. If your employer does not carry workers compensation insurance, you may have the right to file a personal injury claim against your employer.
- Premises Liability and Other Cases: We may be able to represent you in claims arising from a variety of other premises liability and other cases, such as: swimming pool accidents, slip-and-falls, pedestrian accidents, dog bites, fires, wrongful death, and other injuries resulting from dangerous property situations.
You Have Ongoing Health Issues
If you’ve been injured in an accident and you still aren’t back to normal after, then you need a personal injury attorney. Unfortunately, some accidents can leave you with permanent health issues.
You may also have neck injuries or problems with your back, both of which are extremely common after an accident. These may require physical therapy, and even if you have health insurance, you still must pay a portion of the costs. If you need aftercare for your injuries, it’s critical to have a personal injury attorney. Insurance companies look for a cheap, fast settlement. They aren’t interested in paying for all the costs of getting you back to your best health.
You or a Loved One Suffered Severe Injuries
Unfortunately, accidents can result in debilitating injuries. These can leave you unable to work at your current job – or ever work again. Although it’s scary, sometimes a bad accident can even cause permanent injury. If you’ve suffered permanent or severe injury as a result of any accident you didn’t cause, then you may also be entitled to compensation for loss of wages from missing work or even your diminished work capacity.
In fact, there’s a clause called “pain and suffering” – it’s something that a professional personal injury attorney can help you prove, but essentially it involves compensation for losing fulfilling experiences of life that your injuries caused. This can be anything from not being able to walk again to post-traumatic stress disorder. These types of conditions, as well as their effect on your overall quality of life, can be difficult to prove, so you’ll need expert advice to collect the right information and navigate through the murky legal system to prove your claim.
There Was More Than One Party in the Accident
If you’ve been involved in an accident with anyone other than just you, then there may be a dispute as to who is at fault for the accident. If you’ve been hurt – deciding who is to blame can get complicated. File a police report, fast, right after you’ve been hurt. Then, you need expert legal advice. Otherwise, you may be on the hook for medical bills that aren’t your responsibility.
Multiple parties – even if it’s something like a city bus – means that there are multiple insurance companies, all of whom don’t’ want to pay any more for your injuries than they have to. When you have a personal injury lawyer, then you know that you have someone on your side that has experience figuring out who’s at fault, and what their responsibilities are.
Perhaps the most worrisome thing after you’ve been involved in an accident is the mounting medical bills that you and your attorney know are the responsibility of the person that caused your damages. A great personal injury lawyer can help advance your case and take care of your lost wages or other bills.
We understand how to work for you, and we’re a talented team of attorneys that only have your best interest at heart. If you or a loved one has been injured, you need expert legal advice. Contact us or visit Cesar Ornelas Law online at oinjurylaw.com to see just how we can work for you.