The wind in your face. The rumble of the exhaust. The smell of your leathers. The freedom of the open road with you on your bike. A good night’s sleep after a long hard day of riding.
But that didn’t happen, not this time.
It happened in the blink of an eye. Some driver was not paying enough attention. They didn’t check their mirrors. They didn’t hear your exhaust. They were reckless, not you.
Now you are hurt.
Your medical bills are piling up quickly. The driver’s lawyers that work for the big insurance company aren’t waiting to call you, so why should you wait to get a good lawyer that is dedicated to getting what you deserve right now. You can’t wait to get the legal help you need.
The Cesar Ornelas Law Firm loves making sure you get every penny you deserve as much as you love riding your bike. Whether you had to set your bike down and you walked away or you are in the hospital, you need a lawyer NOW.
How Did It All Happen
It seems that the insurance companies try to paint every motorcyclist as a reckless speed demon. Cesar Ornelas knows that you are a responsible rider and that you deserve to have your damages and injuries compensated. So, why do most bike accidents happen?
- Drunk Drivers – Drunks are the scourge of the open roads. Even if someone isn’t impaired but is “driving buzzed,” their ability to operate that motor vehicle is impaired. Drinking makes people aggressive, so maybe they didn’t cut you off or “brake check” you accidentally.
- Blind Spots – Motorists get complacent driving in cages of steel, so they don’t bother to drive safe and check for people that share the road with them. Whether you get sideswiped and had to lay your bike down or get in an accident because you had to slam on your brakes, you got hurt and need help
- Road Conditions – You can drive anywhere and suffer from bad road conditions. Did you will come up on a pothole or loose gravel that you weren’t expecting? Did you swerve to avoid it but got hit by a driver that isn’t paying the attention?
- Distracted Driving – If it wasn’t bad enough bikers have had to deal with drunks and people not checking their mirrors, now we have people driving their cars and playing on their cell phone. It seems people are more interested in their Facebook feed than they are your safety. While they are busy updating their status, they didn’t pay attention and caused you to wreck. You deserve to get compensated.
- Speeding – Speed is cited as a factor in almost every accident. At high speeds, motorcycle drivers can be affected severely by wind from vehicles passing to close, road conditions, and reduced reaction times of other drivers.
- Mechanical Issues – While modern bikes are better built than they were in the past, some manufacturer defects and design flaws still get through. If a mechanical issue caused an accident, it could also open up a product liability lawsuit.
Your bike got damaged and you deserve to have it fixed. However, that isn’t likely your only expense. You may also have:
- Pain and suffering
- The countless time and expense you spent customizing your bike
- Loss of Use
- Tattoo repair
- Damaged gear like your helmet and cut
- Medical bill, hospital and doctor expenses, even future care
You need to make sure to find a lawyer that won’t just view you as a biker, but a person that has rights and needs. No matter where you are, the Cesar Ornelas Law Firm is here for you!
Your bills aren’t waiting, why should you? Call today!